I thought I’d do a little three month update and look back at how far I’ve come in three months. It’s been three months since I went to the doctors and started treatment. Whilst chatting to my housemate today, I realised how far I’ve actually come and how I’m pretty much a different person to what I was back in February. I feel I can actually give people advice now, I cope differently and I’m SO much happier.
Medication and support has been a massive help. But so has self care and making life changes. Without the medication, I genuinely would have not been able to get to do the latter, so I cannot praise its help enough. But now I have more motivation, my life is changing and I’m so grateful for how things are working out!
Stop watering dead flowers as they say. Move on, become brighter and stronger and you will succeed. Whilst it’s self indulgent, here’s a little list of all the things I’ve done since starting treatment. I hope it shows how far you can succeed when you think all hope is lost.
- Getting a new job
- Starting fitness again (becoming stronger and slimmer)
- Starting my blog again
- Blog glo up
- Making new friends
- Falling in love with Dietetics again
- Starting to cook again
- Earning money and being able to pay my bills
- Gran Canaria
- Visiting my lil bro in Gloucester
- Weekends with the home gals
- Zip wiring!
- Booking Berlin
- Going online with depression
- Getting my hair how I want
- DATING AGAIN!!!!
Things I’m looking forward to (although look in the present, it’s where you’re at right now!!)
- Finishing exams
- A week in Cornwall
- My housemates graduation
- Reuniting with all my home babies
- Seeing my little cousins over the summer
- My brother and I’s bday weekend!
- New workplace
- Seeing Arctic Monkeys and seeing Nessa
- Sunny evenings
- Moving to Chester with my hubby
- Placements and qualifying
- Seeing where my blogging goes
- Becoming fitter and stronger.
- Quitting Matalan (lol)
Things do get better. I’ve been in the darkest of dark places and right now, I feel the best I’ve felt in such a long time. Keep fighting those demons.